TROJAN HORSE HOAX -BIRMINGHAM
Its destructive impact on the education of children in Park View (Rockwood) and Nansen Academies.
Three years on, following the Islamophobic ‘fictional’ narrative perpetuated by Michael Gove (DfE), Peter Clarke, Ian Kershaw, and Michael Wilshaw (Ofsted), Tahir Alam will candidly and evidentially evaluate the impact on these schools by contrasting the before, and after, intervention situations.
Key questions to be addressed:
- How have Park View and Nansen schools changed following the interventions?
- Academic performance improved or declined?
- Successful schools or failing schools?
- Discrimination and Islamophobia diminished or increased for Muslim children?
- What are the implications for the future?
An event for every parent & who care about the education of children – all welcome. NOT TO BE MISSED! There will be a Question and Answer session.
Date: Wednesday 19th July 2017
Time: Arrival 6.45pm for 7 pm start (finish 9pm)
Place: PCM Church Com. Hall, 12 Naseby Road, Alum Rock, B’ham B8 3HE
Speaker profile: Tahir Alam
- Former chair of Park View Educational Trust (Multi-Academy Trust)
- 18 years of experience in successfully improving inner-city schools
- Specialist in School Governance & Strategic School Improvement
- Former School Inspector (Ofsted) & National Leader of Governance (NLG)
- Author of ‘Meeting the Needs of Muslim Children in State Schools’
- PG Diploma – Mechanical & Production Engineering (BCU)
- MA Islamic Studies (Uni. of Birmingham)
- MA Philosophy of Education (University College London)